Innovation and Business Growth through Corporate Venturing in Latin America: Analysis of Strategic Fit
AbstractCorporate venturing as a strategy for international business development has become significant in view of the process of globalization resulting into the free trade and business development opportunities for multinational companies. This study is based on empirical investigation through semi-structured interviews administered to the managers of multinational companies operating in Mexico. The success of the corporate ventures in Mexico has been evaluated from the perspectives of economic and relational attributes. The results of the study showed that the degree of fit between a corporate parent and venture affects the success of the venture. The success is associated with high levels of commitment, competitive skills and dynamics in functional management of the venture. In the study the variables of economic and relational dimensions of external and internal fit have shown greater association with venture success. It has also been found that ventures opt for greater autonomy and less economic dependency with their parent ventures for leading success and this finding make an intuitive sense.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Industrial Organization with number 0508011.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 12 Aug 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 19
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Internal and external fit; finance and investment; business performance; economic and relational factors; venture autonomy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.