Large Firms and Subcontracting Relations in Commercial Aircraft
AbstractThis article intends: 1) to analyse the restructuring processes of the subcontracting system undertaken by Alenia, the Italian state-owned aeronautics company; 2) to investigate its impact on subcontracting firms located in Campania, a region in Southern Italy, where the production of aerostructures for civil aviation is concentrated. The analysis is based on information from: a) various interviews with Alenia’s procurement division managers; b) a survey of twenty subcontracting firms, located in Campania.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Industrial Organization with number 0403008.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: 24 Mar 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 32
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
Subcontracting; large firms; aeronautics industry;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L - Industrial Organization
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aoki, Masahiko, 1990. "Toward an Economic Model of the Japanese Firm," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(1), pages 1-27, March.
- David Smith & Gamal Ibrahim, 2006. "Cluster Dynamics: Corporate Strategy, Industry Evolution and Technology Trajectories -- A Case Study of the East Midlands Aerospace Cluster," Local Economy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 362-377, November.
- Anna Giunta, 2002. "Large Firms and Southern Italy: The Relevance of Salvatore Cafiero’s Position," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 2, June.
- Andrea Bianchi & Raffaele Brancati & Luigi Paganetto & Carlo Pietrobelli & Anna Giunta & Paolo Leon, 2007. "Policies in support of innovation and competitiveness of Italian firms," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 2, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.