A Cognitive Model of the Learning Curve
AbstractThis article provides a cognitive foundation of the parameters that regulate a model of the learning curve. Organizational learning and its actual occurrence are linked to the number of available categories and to the amount of information to be processed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Industrial Organization with number 0207010.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 18 Aug 2002
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - PDF; pages: 19; figures: included. This paper builds on a previous paper by Bernardo H. Huberman, Hewlett- Packard laboratories.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Learning Curve; Organization of Production; Team Work;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D79 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Other
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-08-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2002-08-29 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2002-08-29 (Evolutionary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John F. Muth, 1986. "Search Theory and the Manufacturing Progress Function," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(8), pages 948-962, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.