Full Dollarization: Fad or Future? Challenge (March 2000)
AbstractAs more nations in the Western Hemisphere consider adopting the U.S. dollar as their own major currency, this IMF economist separates fact from fiction concerning dollarization. How will the dollarized nations react to U.S. monetary policy over which they will have no say?
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series International Finance with number 0510007.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 05 Oct 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - html; pages: 25
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
dollarization seigniorage spreads Latin America;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
- O - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth
- P - Economic Systems
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-10-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2005-10-08 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2005-10-08 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2005-10-08 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cordeiro, Jose Luis, 2008. "Monetary Systems in Developing Countries: An Unorthodox View," IDE Discussion Papers 154, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Nikolay Nenovsky & Kalin Hristov, 2001. "Official Eurozation of Bulgaria: Pluses and Minuses," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 1, pages 64-80.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.