Luso-Spanish-Franco-English Relations Viewed From The Entrance Of Foreign Investment Funds
AbstractThe main objective of the present paper is to study the relationships and the interrelationships among the financial flows (as Foreign Direct Investment – FDI) that entered the Portuguese, Spanish, French and English economies from 1970 till 2001. With this objective in mind this paper or communication begins by describing the methodology used, an econometric one, methodology that begins by the utilisation of various tests to appreciate the quality of the data series, namely their stationarity, integration and cointegration, that continues by the appreciation of the multilateral and bilateral causality among the four referred economies and ends with the Auto-Regressive Vector (VAR) modelling. After this it presents the data bank and the origins of the different Foreign Direct Investment series (the FDI entrances). The presentation of an empirical work applied to the four western European economies referred earlier and the interpretation of the results are the last parts of the paper.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series International Finance with number 0404010.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 08 Apr 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 20. PDF FILE
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://188.8.131.52
integration; cointegration; VAR modelling; causality; foreign direct investment; territorial dynamics; new regional techniques;
Other versions of this item:
- jose r. p. manso, 2004. "Luso-Spanish-Franco-English Relations Viewed From The Entrance Of Foreign Investment Funds," International Finance 0404006, EconWPA.
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2004-04-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IFN-2004-04-11 (International Finance)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.