The Advertising Push And The Brand Image Of The Marketing Degrees In Portugal
AbstractAn abrupt growth, in terms of the supply of marketing degrees in Portugal, has, recently, been observed, which has contributed for intensifying the concurrence between the institutions of undergraduate education. In this new competitive environment the development of a brand image associated with this kind of supply, is intended as a strategic variable for communicating with different targets. In this article, the different types of factors that contribute for the creation of the brand image of the institutions of undergraduate education, are presented, by highlighting the importance of the advertising push, for obtaining the desirable demand pull, which can be associated with the basic supply of undergraduate education, and with others upper educational degrees that are supplied by the same education institutions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series HEW with number 0509009.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 26 Sep 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 15
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
Advertising; Brand Image; Undergraduate Education.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boyer, Kenneth D, 1974. "Informative and Goodwill Advertising," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(4), pages 541-48, November.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-54, July/Aug..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.