Existence of equilibria with infinitely many goods,incomplete markets and bankruptcy
AbstractWe prove the equilibrium existence of incomplete markets economies with an uncountable number of states without any special hypothesis on endowments by the introduction of bankruptcy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series GE, Growth, Math methods with number 9406001.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 08 Jun 1994
Date of revision: 13 Jun 1994
Note: 15 pages.This is a revised version of a paper with the same title.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Other versions of this item:
- A.Araujo & P.K.Monteiro & M. Pascoa, 1994. "Existence of equilibria with infinitely many goods, incomplete markets and bankruptcy," Working Papers _001, Instituto de Matematica Pura e Aplicada de Rio de Janeiro.
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Monteiro, Paulo K., 1996. "Self-fulfilling equilibria: An existence theorem for a general state space," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 51-62.
- Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 1996.
"A new proof of the existence of equilibrium in incomplete market economies,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 85-101.
- Paulo Klinger Monteiro, 1994. "A New Proof Of The Existence Of Equilibrium In Incomplete Markets Economies," GE, Growth, Math methods 9410001, EconWPA.
- Hellwig, Martin, 1996. "Rational expectations equilibria in sequence economies with symmetric information: The two-period case," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 9-49.
- William R. Zame, 1990.
"Efficiency and the Role of Default When Security Markets are Incomplete,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
585, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Zame, William R, 1993. "Efficiency and the Role of Default When Security Markets Are Incomplete," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1142-64, December.
- William R. Zame, 1992. "Efficiency and the Role of Default When Security Markets are Incomplete," UCLA Economics Working Papers 673, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Paulo Klinger Monteiro, 1994. "A concretization of Mas-Colell and Zame's counter-example," GE, Growth, Math methods 9406002, EconWPA, revised 20 Oct 1994.
- Pradeep Dubey & John Geanakoplos & Martin Shubik, 1988. "Default and Efficiency in a General Equilibrium Model with Incomplete Markets," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 879R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 1989.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Zame, William R., 1996. "The existence of security market equilibrium with a non-atomic state space," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 63-84.
- Duffie, Darrell, 1996. "Incomplete security markets with infinitely many states: An introduction," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-8.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.