Production Planning and Inventories Optimization : A Backward Approach in the Convex Storage Cost Case
AbstractAs in , we study the deterministic optimization problem of a profit- maximizing firm which plans its sales/production schedule. The firm knows the revenue associated to a given level of sales, as well as its production and storage costs. The revenue and the production cost are assumed to be respectively concave and convex. Here, we also assume that the storage cost is convex. This allows us to relate the optimal planning problem to the study of an integro-differential backward equation, from which we obtain an explicit construction of the optimal plan.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series GE, Growth, Math methods with number 0312002.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: 08 Dec 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; prepared on Win98; pages: 36
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Production planning; inventory management; integro- differential backward equations;
Other versions of this item:
- Chazal, Marie & Jouini, Elyès & Tahraoui, Rabah, 2008. "Production planning and inventories optimization: A backward approach in the convex storage cost case," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(9-10), pages 997-1023, September.
- Marie Chazal & Elyès Jouini & Rabah Tahraoui, 2003. "Production Planning and Inventories Optimization : A Backward Approach in the Convex Storage Cost Case," Working Papers 2003-45, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Elyès Jouini & Marie Chazal & Rabah Tahraoui, 2007. "Production Planning and Inventories Optimization: A Backward Approach in the Convex Storage Cost Case," Working Papers halshs-00167156, HAL.
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- D5 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Feichtinger, Gustav & Hartl, Richard, 1985. "Optimal pricing and production in an inventory model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 45-56, January.
- Tharaoui, Rabah & Chazal, Marie & Jouini, Elyès, 2003. "Production planning and inventories optimization with a general storage cost function," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/360, Paris Dauphine University.
- Amirteimoori, Alireza & Kordrostami, Sohrab, 2012. "Production planning in data envelopment analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 212-218.
- Du, Juan & Liang, Liang & Chen, Yao & Bi, Gong-bing, 2010. "DEA-based production planning," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 105-112, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.