A Short And Constructive Proof of Tarski's Fixed-Point Theorem
AbstractI give short and constructive proofs of Tarski's fixed-point theorem, and of a much-used extension of Tarski's fixed-point theorem to set- valued maps.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series GE, Growth, Math methods with number 0305001.
Length: 4 pages
Date of creation: 06 May 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Tex; prepared on Dell PC - Linux; to print on PostScript; pages: 4; figures: non
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
tarski; fixed-point theorem; supermodular; supermodular games; strategic complementarities; equilibrium existence;
Other versions of this item:
- Federico Echenique, 2005. "A short and constructive proof of Tarski’s fixed-point theorem," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 215-218, 06.
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhou Lin, 1994. "The Set of Nash Equilibria of a Supermodular Game Is a Complete Lattice," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 295-300, September.
- Kucuksenel, Serkan, 2011. "Core of the assignment game via fixed point methods," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 72-76, January.
- Karagözoğlu, Emin & Keskin, Kerim & Sağlam, Çağrı, 2013. "A minimally altruistic refinement of Nash equilibrium," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 422-430.
- Federico Quartieri, 2013. "Coalition-proofness under weak and strong Pareto dominance," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 553-579, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.