On the Finiteness of Stable Sets
AbstractFor two person games, stable sets in the sense of Kohlberg and Mertens and quasi-stable sets in the sense of Hillas are finite. In this paper we present an example to show that these sets are not necessarily finite in games with more than two players.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Game Theory and Information with number 9605003.
Date of creation: 23 May 1996
Date of revision: 15 Jun 1996
Note: Type of Document - AMS LaTeX; prepared on IBM PC ; to print on PostScript (or almost anything else if you can process the dvi file);
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
stable sets; Kohlberg and Mertens stability; quasi-stable sets;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jansen M. J. M. & Jurg A. P. & Borm P. E. M., 1994.
"On Strictly Perfect Sets,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 400-415, May.
- Mertens, J.-F., 1988. "Stable equilibria - a reformulation," CORE Discussion Papers 1988038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Vermeulen, Dries & Jansen, Mathijs, 2005.
"On the computation of stable sets for bimatrix games,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 735-763, September.
- Vermeulen,Dries & Jansen,Mathijs, 2004. "On the computation of stable sets for bimatrix games," Research Memorandum 020, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- John Hillas & Elon Kohlberg, 1996. "Foundations of Strategic Equilibrium," Game Theory and Information 9606002, EconWPA, revised 18 Sep 1996.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.