Manipulation via Endowments in a Market with Profit Maximizing Agents
AbstractIn this paper we show that it is possible to manipulate market equilibria in an economy with profit maximizing agents (or agents with quasi-linear utility functions) by either destroying or withholding ones initial endowments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Game Theory and Information with number 0511008.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: 25 Nov 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 14.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
profit maximization; market equilibrium; manipulation via endowments;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-09 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shapley, Lloyd S. & Shubik, Martin, 1969. "On market games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 9-25, June.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Mamer, John W., 1997. "Competitive Equilibrium in an Exchange Economy with Indivisibilities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 385-413, June.
- Murat Atlamaz & Bettina Klaus, 2007.
"Manipulation via Endowments in Exchange Markets with Indivisible Goods,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Murat Atlamaz & Bettina Klaus, 2003. "Manipulation via Endowments in Exchange Markets with Indivisible Goods," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 598.04, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Postlewaite, Andrew, 1979. "Manipulation via Endowments," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 255-62, April.
- Zaifu YANG & Ning SUN, 2004. "The Max-Convolution Approach to Equilibrium Models with Indivisibilities," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 564, Econometric Society.
- Aumann, R. J. & Peleg, B., 1974. "A note on Gale's example," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 209-211, August.
- Gale, David, 1974. "Exchange equilibrium and coalitions : An example," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 63-66, March.
- Aditya Goenka & Stefano Matta, 2008. "Manipulation of endowments and sunspot equilibria," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 267-282, August.
- Somdeb Lahiri, 2005. "Consistency and the Competitive Outcome Function," Game Theory and Information 0512002, EconWPA.
- Somdeb Lahiri, 2005. "Existence of Equilibrium in Discrete Market Games," Game Theory and Information 0512005, EconWPA.
- Somdeb Lahiri, 2006.
"Existence of Equilibrium for Integer Allocation Problems,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2006
8, Society for Computational Economics.
- Somdeb Lahiri, 2006. "Existence of Equilibrium for Integer Allocation Problems," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 28(14), pages A0.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.