Updating Non-Additive Probabilities -- A Geometric Approach
AbstractA geometric approach, analogous to the approach used in the additive case, is proposed to determine the conditional expectation with non- additive probabilities. The conditional expectation is then applied for (i) updating the probability when new information becomes available; and (ii) defining the notion of independence of non-additive probabilities and Nash equilibrium.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Game Theory and Information with number 0405010.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 19 May 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 25
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
updating; non-additive probabilities; conditional expectation;
Other versions of this item:
- Lehrer, Ehud, 2005. "Updating non-additive probabilities-- a geometric approach," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 42-57, January.
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-26 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sarin, R. & Wakker, P.P., 1996.
"Revealed likelihood and knightian uncertainty,"
1996-59, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Lehrer, Ehud, 1991.
"The value of information - An axiomatic approach,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 443-459.
- Itzhak Gilboa & David Schmeidler, 1991.
"Updating Ambiguous Beliefs,"
924, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/7333 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dominiak, Adam & Duersch, Peter & Lefort, Jean-Philippe, 2012.
"A dynamic Ellsberg urn experiment,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 625-638.
- André Lapied & Robert Kast, 2005.
"Updating Choquet valuation and discounting information arrivals,"
05-09, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Jan 2005.
- André Lapied & Robert Kast, 2009. "Updating Choquet valuation and discounting information arrivals," Working Papers halshs-00410532, HAL.
- Robert Kast & André Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2008. "Updating Choquet Integrals , Consequentialism and Dynamic Consistency," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 04-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Jean-Philippe Lefort, 2006.
"Comparison of experts in the non-additive case,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.