Updating Non-Additive Probabilities -- A Geometric Approach
AbstractA geometric approach, analogous to the approach used in the additive case, is proposed to determine the conditional expectation with non- additive probabilities. The conditional expectation is then applied for (i) updating the probability when new information becomes available; and (ii) defining the notion of independence of non-additive probabilities and Nash equilibrium.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Game Theory and Information with number 0405010.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 19 May 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 25
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
updating; non-additive probabilities; conditional expectation;
Other versions of this item:
- Lehrer, Ehud, 2005. "Updating non-additive probabilities-- a geometric approach," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 42-57, January.
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-26 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chateauneuf, Alain & Jaffray, Jean-Yves, 1989. "Some characterizations of lower probabilities and other monotone capacities through the use of Mobius inversion," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 263-283, June.
- Sarin, R. & Wakker, P.P., 1996.
"Revealed likelihood and knightian uncertainty,"
1996-59, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gilboa Itzhak & Schmeidler David, 1993.
"Updating Ambiguous Beliefs,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 33-49, February.
- Itzhak Gilboa & Ehud Lehrer, 1989.
"The Value of Information -- An Axiomatic Approach,"
835, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter & Lefort, Jean-Philippe, 2012.
"A dynamic Ellsberg urn experiment,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/7333, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter & Lefort, Jean-Philippe, 2009. "A Dynamic Ellsberg Urn Experiment," Working Papers 0487, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Lefort, Jean-Philippe & Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter, 2012. "A Dynamic Ellsberg Urn Experiment," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7357, Paris Dauphine University.
- Robert Kast & André Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2008. "Updating Choquet Integrals , Consequentialism and Dynamic Consistency," ICER Working Papers - Applied Mathematics Series 04-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- André Lapied & Robert Kast, 2005.
"Updating Choquet valuation and discounting information arrivals,"
05-09, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Jan 2005.
- André Lapied & Robert Kast, 2009. "Updating Choquet valuation and discounting information arrivals," Working Papers halshs-00410532, HAL.
- Jurgen Eichberger & Simon Grant & David Kelsey, 2006.
"Updating Choquet Beliefs,"
0607, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Philippe Lefort, 2006.
"Comparison of experts in the non-additive case,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
b06088, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Jean-Philippe Lefort, 2006. "Comparison of experts in the non-additive case," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00130451, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.