The NTU consistent coalitional value
AbstractWe introduce a new value for NTU games with coalition structure. This value coincides with the consistent value for trivial coalition structures, and with the Owen value for TU games with coalition structure. Furthermore, we present two characterizations: the first one using a consistency property and the second one using balanced contributions properties.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Game Theory and Information with number 0303007.
Length: 37 pages
Date of creation: 24 Mar 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Tex; prepared on IBM PC - PC-TEX; to print on HP; pages: 37 ; figures: included
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
consistent coalition structure value NTU balanced contributions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Winter, Eyal, 1991. "On Non-transferable Utility Games with Coalition Structure," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 53-63.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1978. "Conference Structures and Fair Allocation Rules," Discussion Papers 363, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Sergiu Hart & Andreu Mas-Colell, 1994.
"Bargaining and value,"
Economics Working Papers
114, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Feb 1995.
- Aumann, Robert J, 1985. "An Axiomatization of the Non-transferable Utility Value," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(3), pages 599-612, May.
- Calvo, Emilio & Javier Lasaga, J. & Winter, Eyal, 1996. "The principle of balanced contributions and hierarchies of cooperation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 171-182, June.
- Eyal Winter, 1989.
"The Consistency and Potential for Values of Games with Coalition Structure,"
Discussion Paper Serie A
242, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Winter, Eyal, 1992. "The consistency and potential for values of games with coalition structure," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 132-144, January.
- Maschler, M & Owen, G, 1989. "The Consistent Shapley Value for Hyperplane Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 389-407.
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Balbina Casas- Méndez & Gloria Fiestras- Janeiro & Juan Vidal-Puga, 2005. "A Focal-Point Solution for Bargaining Problems with Coalition Structure," Game Theory and Information 0511006, EconWPA.
- Gómez-Rúa, María & Vidal-Puga, Juan, 2010.
"The axiomatic approach to three values in games with coalition structure,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 795-806, December.
- Gómez-Rúa, María & Vidal-Puga, Juan, 2008. "The axiomatic approach to three values in games with coalition structure," MPRA Paper 8904, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.