Mark-up and Capital Structure of the Firm facing Uncertainty
AbstractThis note shows that, with pre-set price and capital decisions of firms facing uncertainty and financial market imperfections, price, mark up and the expected degree of capacity utilization (resp. capital) decreases (resp. increases) with the firm internal net worth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0404005.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 08 Apr 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 8
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
capital; pricing; capital market imperfections;
Other versions of this item:
- Chatelain, Jean-Bernard, 2001. "Mark-up and capital structure of the firm facing uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 99-105, December.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2001. "Mark-up and Capital Structure of the Firm facing Uncertainty," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00119409, HAL.
- Chatelain, J.-B., 2001. "Mark-up and Capital Structure of the Firm facing Uncertainty," Working papers 84, Banque de France.
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Monopoly
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2004-04-11 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-MIC-2004-04-11 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & John Moore, 1995.
NBER Working Papers
5083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chevalier, Judith A & Scharfstein, David S, 1996.
"Capital-Market Imperfections and Countercyclical Markups: Theory and Evidence,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 703-25, September.
- Judith A. Chevalier & David S. Scharfstein, 1994. "Capital Market Imperfections and Countercyclical Markups: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4614, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hart, O. & Moore, J., 1991.
"A Theory of Debt Based on the Inalienability of Human Capital,"
592, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1994. "A Theory of Debt Based on the Inalienability of Human Capital," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(4), pages 841-79, November.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1995. "A Theory of Debt Based on the Inalienability of Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 3906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1991. "A Theory of Debt Based on the Inalienability of Human Capital," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series /1991/233, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Klemperer, Paul D, 1987. "Entry Deterrence in Markets with Consumer Switching Costs," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388a), pages 99-117, Supplemen.
- Kahn, James A, 1992. "Why Is Production More Volatile Than Sales? Theory and Evidence on the Stockout-Avoidance Motive for Inventory-Holding," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 481-510, May.
- Klemperer, Paul, 1987. "Markets with Consumer Switching Costs," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(2), pages 375-94, May.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2010.
"The Profit-Investment-Unemployment Nexus And Capacity Utilization In A Stock-Flow Consistent Model,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 454-472, 07.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2010. "The Profit-Investment-Unemployment nexus and Capacity Utilization in a Stock-Flow Consistent Model," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00645155, HAL.
- Amable, Bruno & Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten, 2010.
"Patents as collateral,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1092-1104, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.