Projecting the Forward Rate Flow on a Finite Dimensional Manifold
AbstractGiven an Heath-Jarrow-Morton (HJM) interest rate model and a parametrized family of finite dimensional forward rate curves, this paper provides us a way to project this infinite dimensional HJM forward rate curve to the finite dimensional manifold. This projection characterizes banks' behavior of calibrating forward curves by applying a certain family of curves (e.g., Nelson-Seigel family). Moreover, we derive the Stratonovich dynamics of the projected finite dimensional forward curve. This leads an implicit algorithm for parametric estimation of the original HJM model. We have demonstrated the feasibility of this method by applying generalized method of moments and methods of simulated moments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0303007.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 29 Mar 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Tex; prepared on IBM PC - PC-TEX/UNIX Sparc TeX; to print on HP/PostScript/Franciscan monk; pages: 8 ; figures: none. We never published this piece and now we would like to reduce our mailing and xerox cost by posting it.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
HJM Model; Finite-dimensional Manifolds; Nelson_Siegel Family;
Other versions of this item:
- Erhan Bayraktar & Li Chen & H. Vincent Poor, 2006. "Projecting The Forward Rate Flow Onto A Finite Dimensional Manifold," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(05), pages 777-785.
- C39 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Other
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2003-04-12 (Econometrics)
- NEP-FMK-2003-04-09 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-RMG-2003-04-09 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roncoroni, Andrea & Galluccio, Stefano & Guiotto, Paolo, 2010. "Shape factors and cross-sectional risk," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2320-2340, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.