How Active Are Managers in SA
AbstractThis paper seeks to provide a balanced perspective on the role that benchmarks play in the setting of investment policy, the degree to which asset managers deviate from these benchmarks in pursuit of adding value and the degree to which value is added. The findings of this occasional paper are also helpful in understanding the role that a quantitative manager fulfils and the degree to which quantitative and active judgemental asset managers should be viewed as having complimentary skills in the establishment of optimal fund structures and prudent investment policy
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0202002.
Length: 5 pages
Date of creation: 13 Feb 2002
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Pdf; prepared on PC; to print on HP; pages: 5; figures: included. How active are managers
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
Active management Quantitative asset management PeregrineQuant investment Pension Funds;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- F49 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Other
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-03-04 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.