The variance of an integrated process need not diverge to infinity
AbstractFor a process with stationary first differences necessary and sufficient conditions for the variance of the process to be unbounded are given. An example shows that the variance of an integrated process -- while being unbounded -- need not diverge to infinity. Sufficient conditions for the variance of an integrated process to diverge to infinity are provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 9907001.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: 05 Jul 1999
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - Postscript; prepared on IBM PC/Linux; to print on Postscript; pages: 11; figures: none
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
integrated process; unit root; difference stationarity; spectral density; long-memory; unbounded variance.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-02-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2001-02-14 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2001-02-14 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Dietmar Bauer & Martin Wagner, 2002.
"A Canonical Form for Unit Root Processes in the State Space Framework,"
dp0204, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Dietmar Bauer & Martin Wagner, 2003. "A Canonical Form for Unit Root Processes in the State Space Framework," Diskussionsschriften dp0312, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Dietmar Bauer & Martin Wagner, 2003. "On Polynomial Cointegration in the State Space Framework," Diskussionsschriften dp0313, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.