Regime-Switching Models: A Guide to the Bank of Canada Gauss Procedures
AbstractThis paper is a user's guide to a set of Gauss procedures developed at the Bank of Canada for estimating regime-switching models. The procedures can estimate relatively quickly a wide variety of switching models and so should prove useful to the applied researcher. Sample program listings are included.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 9603004.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: 19 Mar 1996
Date of revision:
Note: 22 printed pages, compressed PostScript file. Other recent Bank of Canada working papers are listed on the last page of this report.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
Other versions of this item:
- Van Norden, S. & Vigfusson, R., 1996. "Regime-Switching Models, A guide to the Bank of Canada Gauss Procedures," Working Papers 96-3, Bank of Canada.
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre St-Amant, 1996.
"Decomposing U.S. Nominal Interest Rates into Expected Inflation and Ex Ante Real Interest Rates Using Structural VAR Methodology,"
- St-Amant, P., 1996. "Decomposing U.S. Nominal Interest Rates into Expected Inflation and Ex Ante Real Interest rates Using Structural VAR Methodology," Working Papers 96-2, Bank of Canada.
- Joseph Atta-Mensah, 1996. "The Empirical Performance of Alternative Monetary and Liquidity Aggregates," Macroeconomics 9601001, EconWPA.
- Charles Engel, 1991.
"Can the Markov switching model forecast exchange rates?,"
Research Working Paper
91-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Engel, Charles, 1994. "Can the Markov switching model forecast exchange rates?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 151-165, February.
- Charles Engel, 1994. "Can the Markov Switching Model Forecast Exchange Rates?," NBER Working Papers 4210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeff Gable & Simon van Norden & Robert Vigfusson, .
"Analytical Derivatives for Markov Switching Models,"
95-7, Bank of Canada.
- Gable, Jeff & van Norden, Simon & Vigfusson, Robert, 1997. "Analytical Derivatives for Markov Switching Models," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 187-94, May.
- Jeff Gable & Simon van Norden & Robert Vigfusson, 1995. "Analytical Derivatives for Markov Switching Models," GE, Growth, Math methods 9508001, EconWPA.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1992. "The Likelihood Ratio Test under Nonstandard Conditions: Testing the Markov Switching Model of GNP," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages S61-82, Suppl. De.
- J. Michael Durland & Thomas H. McCurdy, 1993.
"Duration Dependent Transitions in a Markov Model of U.S. GNP Growth,"
887, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Durland, J Michael & McCurdy, Thomas H, 1994. "Duration-Dependent Transitions in a Markov Model of U.S. GNP Growth," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 279-88, July.
- Alain DeSerres & Alain Guay & Pierre St-Amant, 1995. "Estimating and Projecting Potential Output Using Structural VAR Methodology," Macroeconomics 9504003, EconWPA.
- Engel, Charles & Hamilton, James D, 1990. "Long Swings in the Dollar: Are They in the Data and Do Markets Know It?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 689-713, September.
- Francis X. Diebold & Joon-Haeng Lee & Gretchen C. Weinbach, 1993. "Regime switching with time-varying transition probabilities," Working Papers 93-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ryan SULEIMANN, 2003. "New Technology Stock Market Indexes Contagion: A VAR-dccMVGARCH Approach," Econometrics 0307003, EconWPA, revised 18 Jul 2003.
- Simon van Norden & Robert Vigfusson, 1996.
"Avoiding the Pitfalls: Can Regime-Switching Tests Detect Bubbles?,"
- Vigfusson, R. & Van Norden, S., 1996. "Avoiding the Pitfalls: Can Regime-Switching Tests Detect Bubbles?," Working Papers 96-11, Bank of Canada.
- Maurice J. Roche, 1999. "Irish house prices: will the roof fall in?," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n890699, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Jeanne, Olivier & Masson, Paul, 2000.
"Currency crises, sunspots and Markov-switching regimes,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 327-350, April.
- Jeanne, Olivier & Masson, Paul R, 1998. "Currency Crises, Sunspots and Markov-Switching Regimes," CEPR Discussion Papers 1990, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ryan SULEIMANN, 2003. "The Contagion Effect Between the Volatilities of the NASDAQ-100 and the IT.CA :A Univariate and A Bivariate Switching Approach," Econometrics 0307002, EconWPA, revised 18 Jul 2003.
- David Jamieson Bolder, 2002. "Towards a More Complete Debt Strategy Simulation Framework," Working Papers 02-13, Bank of Canada.
- repec:eso:journl:v:30:y:1999:i:4:p:343-362 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsung-wu Ho, 2001. "Analyzing the Crowding-out Problems of Taiwan," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 26(1), pages 115-131, June.
- Isabelle Weberpals, 1997. "The Liquidity Trap: Evidence from Japan," Working Papers 97-4, Bank of Canada.
- T. -W. Ho, 2003. "Regime-switching properties of the optimal seigniorage hypothesis: the case of Taiwan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 485-494.
- Ryan SULEIMANN, 2003. "Should Stock Market Indexes Time Varying Correlations Be Taken Into Account? A Conditional Variance Multivariate Approach," Econometrics 0307004, EconWPA, revised 18 Jul 2003.
- Roche, Maurice J., 2001. "The rise in house prices in Dublin: bubble, fad or just fundamentals," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 281-295, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.