A Trend-Cycle(-Season) Filter: Prgoramme Code for Eviews, Excel, and MatLab
AbstractThis zip archive contains implementations of the trend-cycle-season filter in Eviews, Excel, and MatLab. The trend-cycle-season filter is another univariate method to decompose a time series into a trend, a cyclical and a seasonal component: the Trend-Cycle filter (TC filter) and its extension, the Trend-Cycle-Season filter (TCS filter), see paper ewp-em/0508004 at http://econwpa.wustl.edu/eprints/em/papers/0508/0508004.abs
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Econometrics with number 0508005.
Date of creation: 03 Aug 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - zip. Programme code for Excel, Eviews, and MatLab
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
economic cycles; time series; filtering; trend-cycle decomposition; seasonality;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-08-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2005-08-13 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-ETS-2005-08-13 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-MAC-2005-08-13 (Macroeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.