Assessment Of Sustainability Of Bulgarian Farms
AbstractThe New Institutional and Transaction Costs Economics framework is incorporated to transitional Bulgarian agriculture, and level of sustainability of dominating subsistent farming, production cooperatives, small-scare commercial farms, and large agro-firms assessed. New framework for assessing sustainability of farms and for governing of sustainable development is suggested taking into account: role of specific institutional environment, comparative efficiency of various market, private, public and hybrid governing modes, transaction costs and critical factors (frequency, uncertainty, asset specificity, and appropriability) of farm transactions. Analysis of sustainability of different types of Bulgarian farms is made, and further domination of subsistence farming, cooperatives, large agro-firms, and some part of small commercial farms projected.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Development and Comp Systems with number 0511007.
Date of creation: 06 Nov 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
assessment of sustainability of farms; governing of agrarian sustainability; sustainability of Bulgarian farms;
Other versions of this item:
- Bachev, Hrabrin Ianouchev, 2005. "Assessment of Sustainability of Bulgarian Farms," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24739, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2005-11-12 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2005-11-12 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2005-11-12 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2008. "Governance of Bulgarian Farming," MPRA Paper 7818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2012. "Competitiveness of Bulgarian Farms in Conditions of EU CAP Implementation," MPRA Paper 41657, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.