'The Role of Employee Ownership in Privatisation of State Enterprises in Eastern and Central Europe,' (1993) Europe-Asia Studies Vol.45, No.3, 463-481
AbstractThe article provides a fresh look at employee ownership as a method of privatization and discusses theoretical and incentives effects and recent experiences in Eastern and Central Europe.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Development and Comp Systems with number 0510012.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: 17 Oct 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 18
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
privatisation; privatization; employee-owenrship; incentives; buy-outs;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth
- P - Economic Systems
- K - Law and Economics
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bogetic, Zeljko & Heffley, Dennis, 1992. "Market syndicalism and market imbalances," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 670-687, December.
- Henry G. Manne, 1965. "Mergers and the Market for Corporate Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 351.
- Henry G. Manne, 1965. "Mergers and the Market for Corporate Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73, pages 110.
- Alanson P. MINKLER, 1989. "Property Rights, Efficiency And Labor-Managed Firms," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(3), pages 341-358, 09.
- Nellis, John, 1989. "Public enterprise reform in adjustment lending," Policy Research Working Paper Series 233, The World Bank.
- Hillman, Arye L., 1992. "Progress with privatization," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 733-749, December.
- Minkler, A.P., 1988. "Property Rights, Efficiency And Labor-Managed Firms," Papers 323, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Marc Duponcel, 1998. "Restructuring of food industries in the five Central and Eastern European front-runners towards EU membership (CEEC-5). A comparative review," CERT Discussion Papers 9806, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- R. Daviddi, 1994. "Privatisation in the transition to a market economy," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 47(191), pages 399-429.
- Lawrence Peter King, 1999. "The Developmental Consequences of Foreign Direct Investment in the Transition from Socialism to Capitalism: The Performance of Foreign Owned Firms in Hungary," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 277, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- R. Daviddi, 1994. "Privatisation in the transition to a market economy," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 47(191), pages 399-429.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.