Aide au développement : sommes-nous plus ou moins solidaires ?
Abstract'Development Aid: Are We Showing More Solidarity ? This paper provides a summary of the recent evolution of development aid. First, it studies the global size of aid and some quality indicators: the proportion of untied aid, multilateral aid and grants in aid. The paper also explores the new types of aid linked to the concept of 'world public goods': this concept has played recently an important role in legitimizing aid. The paper offers a new quality indicator for aid: its content in world public goods. From 1990 to 2001, it appears that even if the quantity of aid has declined following the end of the Cold War, ist quality has increased irrespective of the mesure selected. At the end of the paper we compare the quantity and quality of the foreign aid given by the US, Sweden and France in 1989 and 2001.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Development and Comp Systems with number 0411024.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: 26 Nov 2004
Date of revision: 07 Dec 2004
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 11 . Text in French. Revue de l'OFCE, n°85, avril 2003.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://184.108.40.206
Other versions of this item:
- Guillaume Daudin & Bruno Ventelou, 2003. "Aide au développement. Sommes-nous plus ou moins solidaires ?," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 85(2), pages 297-310.
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
- O19 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kindleberger, Charles P, 1986. "International Public Good without International Government," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 1-13, March.
- William Easterly, 2002. "The Elusive Quest for Growth: Economists' Adventures and Misadventures in the Tropics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550423, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.