Corruption And Bribery In The Nigerian Economy
AbstractNIGERIA IS GOING THROUGH A DIFFICULT POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC TRANSITION AFTER FORTY YEARS OF INDEPENDENCE. YET, NIGERIA REMAINS A SOCIETY RICH IN CULTURAL, LINGUISTIC, RELIGIOUS, ETHNIC AND POLITICAL DIVERSITY. TODAY, THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN STRUGGLES HARD TO MAKE ENDS MEET; SEES HIMSELF OR HERSELF AS BEING POORER THAN HE OR SHE WAS A DECADE AGO; AND FINDS IT HARD TO BE HOPEFUL THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER SOON. IT SI AGAINST THIS BACKGROUND THAT THIS PROJECT SETS OUT TO INCREASE THE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT STATE CAPACITY IN NIGERIA BY TAKING STOCK OF ECONOMIC AND GOVERNANCE ISSUES. USING A SIMPLE GROWTH MODEL, WE ILLUSTRATE THE INTERRELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN NATURAL RESOURCES, CORRUPTION AND ECONOMIC GROWTH IN NIGERIA; AS WELL AS PROPOSING ANTI-CORRUPTION POLICIES FOR NIGERIA.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Development and Comp Systems with number 0401003.
Date of creation: 27 Jan 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - PDF; prepared on WIN2000; to print on HP;
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
ECONOMIC GROWTH; NEOCLASSICAL ECONOMIC GROWTH; NATURAL RESOURCES; CORRUPTION; BRIBERY; GOVERNANCE; NIGERIAN ECONOMY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- Q32 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- K00 - Law and Economics - - General - - - General (including Data Sources and Description)
- O1 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.