Basic Principles of Sustainable Development
AbstractThis paper explores what a critical commentary on micro principles texts might look like, examining what is to be critiqued and how to do it.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Development and Comp Systems with number 0106006.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: 13 Jun 2001
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - PDF; pages: 26. This paper grew out of a workshop co-sponsored by the Global Development and Environment Institute (GDAE) and the Department of Economics of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst in the spring of 2000. (See Appendix 1 for a description of the workshop.) About 25 people participated in the on- site workshop over its 15 week lifespan, and more than 50 people were part of an on-line discussion list associated with the workshop. Other working papers available at www.gdae.org
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
sustainable development; economic theory; development; environment; development policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- O - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-06-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2001-06-22 (Development)
- NEP-ENE-2001-06-22 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2001-06-22 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2001-06-22 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-TID-2001-06-22 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frank Ackerman & Sumreen Mirza, . "00-08 "Waste in the Inner City: Asset or Assault?"," GDAE Working Papers 00-08, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Olfa Jaballi & Sebnem Sahin, 2005.
"Towards sustainable lignite consumption in Turkey and a welfare analysis,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
v05039, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Olfa Jaballi & Sebnem Sahin, 2005. "Towards sustainable lignite consumption in Turkey and a welfare analysis," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00194716, HAL.
- Ciumara, Tudor, 2012. "Managerial Innovation: A Premise For Company’S Strategy Adaptation To The Characteristics Of Sustainable Development," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 16(3), pages 144-157.
- Julie A. Nelson, . "04-01 "Beyond Small-Is-Beautiful: A Buddhist and Feminist Analysis of Ethics and Business"," GDAE Working Papers 04-01, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Neva R. Goodwin, . "03-02 "Macroeconomics for the Twenty-First Century"," GDAE Working Papers 03-02, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Timothy A. Wise, . "05-02 "Understanding the Farm Problem: Six Common Errors in Presenting Farm Statistics"," GDAE Working Papers 05-02, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Francisco Aguayo & Kevin P. Gallagher, . "03-05 "Economic Reform, Energy, and Development: The Case of Mexican Manufacturing"," GDAE Working Papers 03-05, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Julie A. Nelson, . "03-11 "Clocks, Creation, and Clarity: Insights on Ethics and Economics from a Feminist Perspective"," GDAE Working Papers 03-11, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Marco Grasso & Enzo Di Giulio, 2003. "Mapping sustainable development in a capability perspective," HEW 0309001, EconWPA.
- Julie A. Nelson, . "04-03 "Is Economics a Natural Science?"," GDAE Working Papers 04-03, GDAE, Tufts University.
- Bojidar Ivanov, 2009. "Establishing the Effects of the Common Agricultural Policy in Environment Protection," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 5, pages 69-86.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.