Accounting for the Relationship between Money and Interest Rates
AbstractIn time series from the United States, the relationship between the money to income ratio and the nominal interest rate is a negative and stable one. In Swedish data, there is no such stable relationship. In this paper, we argue that this difference can be explained by the differences in the shock processes that have hit the two countries. Using a dynamic general equilibrium model driven by shock processes estimated to fit the two countries, we find that we can account for the main properties of the data remarkably well.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Data with number 0504001.
Length: 3 pages
Date of creation: 22 Apr 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - zip; pages: 3
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Other versions of this item:
- Jonsson, Magnus & Klein, Paul, 2006. "Accounting For The Relationship Between Money And Interest Rates," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(04), pages 545-571, September.
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2005-04-30 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2005-04-30 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-DGE-2005-04-30 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2005-04-30 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2005-04-30 (Monetary Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Julian Emami Namini, 2009. "International Trade with Firm Heterogeneity in Factor Shares," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-020/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mathias Trabandt, 2007.
"Optimal Pre-Announced Tax Reform Revisited,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2007/52, European University Institute.
- Mathias Trabandt, 2006. "Optimal Pre-Announced Tax Reforms Under Valuable And Productive Government Spending," 2006 Meeting Papers 668, Society for Economic Dynamics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.