Maximum Simulated Likelihood: A Brief Introduction for Practitioners
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department in its series Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers with number 421.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: Jan 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 427 Lorch Street, Madison, WI 53706-1503
Web page: http://www.aae.wisc.edu/www/pub/sps/body.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heng Z. Chen & Stephen R. Cosslett, 1998. "Environmental Quality Preference and Benefit Estimation in Multinomial Probit Models: A Simulation Approach," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 512-520.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Axel Borsch-Supan, 1990.
"Smooth Unbiased Multivariate Probability Simulators for Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Limited Dependent Variable Models,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
960, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel & Hajivassiliou, Vassilis A., 1993. "Smooth unbiased multivariate probability simulators for maximum likelihood estimation of limited dependent variable models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 347-368, August.
- Wales, T. J. & Woodland, A. D., 1983. "Estimation of consumer demand systems with binding non-negativity constraints," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 263-285, April.
- Daniel Feenberg & Jonathan Skinner, 1992.
"The Risk and Duration of Catastrophic Health Care Expenditures,"
NBER Working Papers
4147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feenberg, Daniel & Skinner, Jonathan, 1994. "The Risk and Duration of Catastrophic Health Care Expenditures," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 633-47, November.
- Hajivassiliou, V A, 1994.
"A Simulation Estimation Analysis of the External Debt Crises of Developing Countries,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 109-31, April-Jun.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou, 1993. "A Simulation Estimation Analysis of the External Debt Crises of Developing Countries," Working Papers _022, Yale University.
- Hajivassiliou, 1993. "A Simulation Estimation Analysis of the External Debt Crises of Developing Countries," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1057, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stern, Steven, 1992. "A Method for Smoothing Simulated Moments of Discrete Probabilities in Multinomial Probit Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 943-52, July.
- Vijverberg, Wim P. M., 1997. "Monte Carlo evaluation of multivariate normal probabilities," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 281-307.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Pitt, Mark M, 1986. "Microeconometric Demand Systems with Binding Nonnegativity Constraints: The Dual Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1237-42, September.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Daniel L. McFadden & Paul Ruud, 1993.
"Simulation of Multivariate Normal Rectangle Probabilities and their Derivatives: Theoretical and Computational Results,"
_024, Yale University.
- Hajivassiliou, Vassilis & McFadden, Daniel & Ruud, Paul, 1996. "Simulation of multivariate normal rectangle probabilities and their derivatives theoretical and computational results," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 85-134.
- Carlos Arias & Vincenzo Atella & Raffaella Castagnini & Federico Perali, 2003.
"Estimation of the Sharing Rule between Adults and Children and Related Equivalence Scales within a Collective Consumption Framework,"
CHILD Working Papers
wp07_03, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Vincenzo Atella & Carlos Arias & Federico Perali & Raffaella Castagnini, 2003. "Estimation of the Sharing Rule Between Adults and Children and Related Equivalence Scales Within a Collective Consumption Framework," CEIS Research Paper 28, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Chappell, Henry & Guimaraes, Paulo & Ozturk, Orgul, 2006.
"Confessions of an Internet Monopolist: Demand Estimation for a Versioned Information Good,"
10106, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2008.
- Henry W. Chappell & Paulo Guimarães & Orgül Demet Öztürk, 2011. "Confessions of an internet monopolist: demand estimation for a versioned information good," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Ozturk, Erdogan & Irwin, Elena G., 2001. "Explaining Household Location Choices Using A Spatial Probit Model," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20626, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.