Landscape Statistics of the Low Autocorrelated Binary String Problem
AbstractThe statistical properties of the energy landscape of the low autocorrelated binary string problem (LABSP) are studied numerically and compared with those of several classic disordered models. Using two global measures of landscape structure which have been introduced in the Simulated Annealing literature, namely, depth and difficulty, we find that the landscape of LABSP, except perhaps for a very large degeracy of the local minima energies, is qualitatively similar to some well-known landscapes such as that of the mean-field 2-spin glass model. Furthermore, we consider a mean-field approximation to the pure model proposed by Bouchaud and MŽzard (1994, J. Physique I France 4 1109) and show both analytically and numerically that it describes extremely well the statistical properties of LABSP.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Santa Fe Institute in its series Working Papers with number 00-07-033.
Date of creation: Jul 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1399 Hyde Park Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
Web page: http://www.santafe.edu/sfi/publications/working-papers.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Viviana M. de Oliveira & J. F. Fontanari & Peter F. Stadler, 1999. "Metastable States in High Order Short-Range Spin Glasses," Working Papers 99-09-062, Santa Fe Institute.
- Oliver Bastert & Dan Rockmore & Peter F. Stadler & Gottfried Tinhofer, 2001. "Landscapes on Spaces of Trees," Working Papers 01-01-006, Santa Fe Institute.
- Christoph Flamm & Ivo L. Hofacker & Peter F. Stadler & Michael T. Wolfinger, 2001. "Barrier Trees of Degenerate Landscapes," Working Papers 01-09-053, Santa Fe Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.