Dynamic Risk Taking With Indivisible Risks
AbstractIn this paper, we examine second-best efficient allocations of risk when some forms of incompleteness are introduced in risk- sharing contracts. In the first model, there are two independent sources of risk, but risk-sharing contracts can be made contingent to only one of the two sources. We examine the condition under which those who bear the non-transferable risk should bear relatively less of the transferable risk in the economy. Decreasing absolute prudence, i.e. -u'''/u'')'
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Risk and Insurance Archive in its series Working Papers with number 013.
Date of creation: May 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
risk sharing; background risk; decreasing prudence.;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meade, James E, 1972. "The Theory of Labour-Managed Firms and of Profit Sharing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 402-28, Supplemen.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
NBER Working Papers
2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Dreze, J. & Gollier, C., 1990.
"Risk-sharing on the labour market and second-best wage rigidities,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1990067, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dreze, Jacques H. & Gollier, Christian, 1993. "Risk sharing on the labour market and second-best wage rigidities," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1457-1482, December.
- DREZE, Jacques & GOLLIER, Christian, . "Risk sharing on the labour market and second-best wage rigidities," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1073, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Levasseur, Michel, 1993. " The Economics of Adding and Subdividing Independent Risks: Some Comparative Statics Results," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 325-37, December.
- Gollier, Christian & John W. PRATT, 1993. "Weak Proper Risk Aversion And The Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Working Papers 018, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1991.
"Standard Risk Aversion,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.