Dynamic Risk Taking With Indivisible Risks
AbstractIn this paper, we examine second-best efficient allocations of risk when some forms of incompleteness are introduced in risk- sharing contracts. In the first model, there are two independent sources of risk, but risk-sharing contracts can be made contingent to only one of the two sources. We examine the condition under which those who bear the non-transferable risk should bear relatively less of the transferable risk in the economy. Decreasing absolute prudence, i.e. -u'''/u'')'
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Risk and Insurance Archive in its series Working Papers with number 013.
Date of creation: May 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
risk sharing; background risk; decreasing prudence.;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Meade, James E, 1972. "The Theory of Labour-Managed Firms and of Profit Sharing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 402-28, Supplemen.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
NBER Working Papers
2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Gollier, Christian & John W. PRATT, 1993. "Weak Proper Risk Aversion And The Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Working Papers 018, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Dreze, Jacques H. & Gollier, Christian, 1993.
"Risk sharing on the labour market and second-best wage rigidities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1457-1482, December.
- Dreze, J. & Gollier, C., 1990. "Risk-sharing on the labour market and second-best wage rigidities," CORE Discussion Papers 1990067, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kimball, Miles S, 1993.
"Standard Risk Aversion,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 589-611, May.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Levasseur, Michel, 1993. " The Economics of Adding and Subdividing Independent Risks: Some Comparative Statics Results," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 325-37, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.