Constraint Aggregation Principle in Convex Optimization
AbstractA general constraint aggregation technique is proposed for convex optimization problems. At each iteration a set of convex inequalities and linear equations is replaced by a single inequality formed as a linear combination of the original constraints. After solving the simplified subproblem, new aggregation coefficients are calculated and the iteration continues. This general aggregation principle is incorporated into a number of specific algorithms. Convergence of the new methods is proved and speed of convergence analyzed. It is shown that in case of linear programming, the method with aggregation has a polynomial complexity. Finally, application to decomposable problems is discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis in its series Working Papers with number wp95015.
Date of creation: Feb 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Davidson, 1996. "Proximal Point Mappings and Constraint Aggregation Principle," Working Papers wp96102, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- R. Rozycki, 1995. "Constraint Aggregation Principle: Application to a Dual Transportation Problem," Working Papers wp95103, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- A.V. Kryazhimskii & A. Ruszczynski, 1997. "Constraint Aggregation in Infinite-Dimensional Spaces and Applications," Working Papers ir97051, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- B.V. Digas & Y.M. Ermoliev & A.V. Kryazhimskii, 1998. "Guaranteed Optimization in Insurance of Catastrophic Risks," Working Papers ir98082, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- A.V. Kryazhimskii & V.I. Maksimov & Yu.S. Osipov, 1996. "Reconstruction of Boundary Sources through Sensor Observations," Working Papers wp96097, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Y.M. Ermoliev & A. Ruszczynski, 1995. "Convex Optimization by Radial Search," Working Papers wp95036, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.