Technology Progress Dynamics of Compact Fluorescent Lamps
AbstractCompact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) have been expected as one of the energy saving technologies for their characteristics of lower energy consumption and longer life cycle compared to incandescent lamps. Although the price of CFLs has declined significantly during the past 10 years, they are still 10 times as expensive as incandescent lamps. This report examines the technological development of CFLs by using learning curve that relates cost to cumulative production and estimates the future cost reduction of CFLs. Promotion programs of CFLs those greatly influence on the market expansion are also surveyed and future prospects are discussed finally.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis in its series Working Papers with number ir00009.
Date of creation: Feb 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-03-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2000-03-06 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-INO-2000-03-06 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2000-03-06 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McDonald, Alan & Schrattenholzer, Leo, 2001. "Learning rates for energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 255-261, March.
- Weiss, Martin & Dittmar, Lars & Junginger, Martin & Patel, Martin K. & Blok, Kornelis, 2009. "Market diffusion, technological learning, and cost-benefit dynamics of condensing gas boilers in the Netherlands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2962-2976, August.
- Lund, Peter, 2006. "Market penetration rates of new energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3317-3326, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.