Rational Panics and Stock Market Crashes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago in its series CRSP working papers with number 483.
Date of creation: Aug 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 725 South Wells Street, Suite 800, Chicago, Illinois 60607-4501
Web page: http://gsbwww.uchicago.edu/fac/finance/papers/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 1991.
"Rational Frenzies and Crashes,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zeira, Joseph, 1993.
"Informational Overshooting, Booms and Crashes,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
823, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Caplin, Andrew & Leahy, John, 1994.
"Business as Usual, Market Crashes, and Wisdom after the Fact,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 548-65, June.
- Caplin, A. & Leahy, J., 1992. "Business as Usual, Market Crashes, and Wisdom after the Fact," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1594, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Caplin, A. & Leahy, J., 1992. "Business as Usual, Market Crashes and Wisdom After the Fact," Discussion Papers 1992_18, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Gerard Gennotte and Hayne Leland., 1989.
"Market Liquidity, Hedging and Crashes,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
RPF-192, University of California at Berkeley.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Maskin, Eric S, 1990. "The Efficient Market Hypothesis and Insider Trading on the Stock Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(1), pages 70-93, February.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
1908, David K. Levine.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Wilson, Charles A, 1979. "Equilibrium and Adverse Selection," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 313-17, May.
- Madrigal, Vicente & Scheinkman, Jose A., 1997. "Price Crashes, Information Aggregation, and Market-Making," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 16-63, July.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Franklin Allen & Gary Gorton, 1991.
"Stock Price Manipulation, Market Microstructure and Asymmetric Information,"
NBER Working Papers
3862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen, Franklin & Gorton, Gary, 1992. "Stock price manipulation, market microstructure and asymmetric information," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 624-630, April.
- Allen, F. & Gorton, G., 1991. "Stock Price Manipulation, Market Microstructure and Asymetric Information," Weiss Center Working Papers 21-91, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Admati, Anat R, 1985. "A Noisy Rational Expectations Equilibrium for Multi-asset Securities Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(3), pages 629-57, May.
- Kraus, Alan & Smith, Maxwell, 1989. " Market Created Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(3), pages 557-69, July.
- Grossman, Sanford, 1978. "Further results on the informational efficiency of competitive stock markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 81-101, June.
- Sanford Grossman, 1978. "Further results on the informational efficiency of competitive stock markets," Special Studies Papers 114, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gadi Barlevy & Pietro Veronesi, .
"Information Acquisition in Financial Markets,"
CRSP working papers
360, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Wang, Jiang, 1993. "A Model of Intertemporal Asset Prices under Asymmetric Information," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 249-82, April.
- Jacklin, Charles J & Kleidon, Allan W & Pfleiderer, Paul, 1992. "Underestimation of Portfolio Insurance and the Crash of October 1987," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(1), pages 35-63.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.