The demand for urban transport: An application of discrete choice model for Cadiz
AbstractThe study of the demand for transport has among others applications, the valuation of travel time saving that is a very important question in cost-benefit analysis, and to adopt transport policy tools. Since McFadden developed a discrete choice model for travel demand, it has usually been the application of this model to study the individual behaviour when he has to choice among transport modes. Citizens of big cities have to face traffic congestion; pollution, wasted time in travels and fuel, noise, stress and accidents are the costs imposed by congestion to society, elements that reduce the quality of life in cities. Public transport is a real alternative to private transport that is socially less expensive, for this reason this paper tries to forecast travel demand for public transport in Cadiz when travelling have to choice between public or private transport, using a discrete choice model. The results of this analysis (travel demand, value of time, elasticities) can be used to design transport policies that could reduce congestion.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Regional Science Association in its series ERSA conference papers with number ersa98p157.
Date of creation: Aug 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ana Matas, 1991. "La demanda de transporte urbano: un análisis de las elasticidades y valoraciones del tiempo," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, Fundación SEPI, vol. 15(2), pages 249-267, May.
- Ramos, Raul & Sanromá, Esteban, 2011.
"Overeducation and Local Labour Markets in Spain,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6028, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raúl Ramos & Esteban Sanromá, 2013. "Overeducation and Local Labour Markets in Spain," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 104(3), pages 278-291, 07.
- Raúl Ramos & Esteban Sanromá, 2004. "Overeducation and local labour markets in Spain," ERSA conference papers, European Regional Science Association ersa04p16, European Regional Science Association.
- Daniel Toro González & Jorge Luis Alvis Arrieta & William Arellano Cartagena, 2007.
"Transporte público en Cartagena: ¿Qué factores determinan las preferencias de los usuarios?,"
DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO, UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÃGICA DE BOLÃVAR
004300, UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÓGICA DE BOLÍVAR.
- Toro González, Daniel & Alvis Arrieta, Jorge & Arellano Cartagena, William, 2004.
"Transporte público en Cartagena: ¿Qué factores determinan las preferencias de los usuarios?
[Public transportation in Cartagena: what factors determine user preferences? (in Spanish)]," MPRA Paper 1773, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2005.
- Toro González, Daniel & Alvis Arrieta, Jorge & Arellano Cartagena, William, 2004. "Transporte público en Cartagena: ¿Qué factores determinan las preferencias de los usuarios?
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.