Estimating interregional trade flows in Andalusia (Spain)
AbstractPerhaps, one of the most relevant issues in constructing regional input-output tables is the estimation of interregional trade flows. Hence, the Regional Statistical Office of Andalusia (Spain) is promoting new research on survey-based estimates of trade flows between the own region and the rest of Spain. Especially, survey approach has been seen to result more reliable outcomes (Eding & Nijmeijer, 1998) than non-survey constructs. This paper will focus on survey design features, sample methods, treatment of sampling and non-sampling errors and others aspects concerning data collection and processing in the case of Andalusia (Spain).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Regional Science Association in its series ERSA conference papers with number ersa05p245.
Date of creation: Aug 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2006-02-05 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INT-2006-02-05 (International Trade)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- José M. Rueda-Cantuche & Antonio Titos Moreno & Marisa Asensio Pardo, 2005. "A use-side trade margins matrix for the Andalusian economy," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2005/06, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Llano Verduras, C., 2004. "The Interregional Trade in the Context of a Multirregional Input-Output Model for Spain," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 22, pages 1-34, Diciembre.
- Richard Harris & Aying Liu, 1998. "Input-Output Modelling of the Urban and Regional Economy: The Importance of External Trade," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(9), pages 851-862.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.