Macroeconomy of the Russian regions ? neighboring with the New European Union
AbstractIn the paper is presented the comparative analysis of macroeconomic indicators of six regions of the Russian Federation neighboring with six countries of the New European Union (EU). The basic line of investigation: ? Interregional comparisons of gross regional products (GRP) by production and by final use; ? Estimation of regional net export; ? Evaluations of financial flows in the system ?region ? national economy ? global economy?, including outflows from regions to abroad of Russia; ? Differentiation of regions by GRP per capita and the econometric analysis of the differentiation factors; ? Changes of GRP in 1996-2001 (divergence or convergence?); ? Major tasks of regional policy. Comparison GRP of Russian regions and GDP of neighboring EC countries (in accordance with methodology of international comparisons) is carried out for the first time. Following tasks of research are formulated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Regional Science Association in its series ERSA conference papers with number ersa03p88.
Date of creation: Aug 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2004-02-29 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-GEO-2004-02-29 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-MAC-2004-02-29 (Macroeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Granberg, Alexander, 1999. "Differentiation of regions of Russia on gross regional product by expenditures," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa217, European Regional Science Association.
- Granberg, Alexander & Zaitseva, Ioulia, 2000. "Comparative Regional Analysis On The Base Of The System Of Aggregated Input-Output Tables," ERSA conference papers ersa00p181, European Regional Science Association.
- Alexander Granberg & Ioulia Zaitseva, 2001. "Multiregional analysis with use of regional accounts and Input-Output tables," ERSA conference papers ersa01p161, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.