Documentation for a Comprehensive Historical U.S. Federal and State Income Tax Calculator Program
AbstractThis paper provides documentation for a tax calculator program that models federal and state personal income taxes at a high level of detail for a large number of years. The current edition of the program covers federal personal income tax law from 1913 through 2009 (with projected future law through 2015), and state income tax laws from 1900 through 2007. The documentation explains the structure of the program, provides a variable-by-variable description of the data, and supplies references to sources of information on historical tax laws.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, Williams College in its series Department of Economics Working Papers with number 2006-02.
Length: 158 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2006
Date of revision: Aug 2009
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Feenberg & Elisabeth Coutts, 1993. "An introduction to the TAXSIM model," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 189-194.
- Bogart, William T & Gentry, William M, 1995. "Capital Gains Taxes and Realizations: Evidence from Interstate Comparisons," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(2), pages 267-82, May.
- William R. Melick, 2011. "Employment Effects of Reducing Capital Gains Tax Rates in Ohio," Working Papers 1101, Kenyon College, Department of Economics.
- Giertz, Seth, 2008. "Taxable Income Responses to 1990s Tax Acts: Further Explorations," MPRA Paper 17602, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jon Bakija, 2013. "Tax Policy and Philanthropy: A Primer on the Evidence for the U.S. and its Implications," Department of Economics Working Papers 2013-01, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Bruce Meyer & James X. Sullivan, 2010.
"Five Decades of Consumption and Income Proverty,"
2010-003, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Bruce D. Meyer & James X. Sullivan, 2009. "Five Decades of Consumption and Income Poverty," NBER Working Papers 14827, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce D. Meyer & James X. Sullivan, 2009. "Five Decades of Consumption and Income Poverty," Working Papers 0907, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Giertz, Seth H., 2007.
"The Elasticity of Taxable Income over the 1980s and 1990s,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 60(4), pages 743-68, December .
- Giertz, Seth, 2007. "The Elasticity of Taxable Income over the 1980s and 1990s," MPRA Paper 18313, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heim, Bradley T. & Lurie, Ithai Z., 2010. "The effect of self-employed health insurance subsidies on self-employment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 995-1007, December.
- Bruce D. Meyer & James X. Sullivan, 2011. "Consumption and Income Poverty over the Business Cycle," NBER Working Papers 16751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bradley T. Heim, 2009. "The effect of recent tax changes on taxable income: Evidence from a new panel of tax returns," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(1), pages 147-163.
- repec:wil:wileco:2010-24 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Sheppard).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.