The Birth of the "Wage Curve" in Hungary, 1989-1995
AbstractThe paper investigates linkages between regional unemployment and regional wages in Hungary. The evolution of a 'wage curve' is followed from 1989 to 1995 using surveys of employees, employers and unemployed job seekers. Cross-section earnings functions are estimated to measure the impact of unemployment on wages. Data on enterprise performance, capital inflows and labour mobility are used to evaluate the scope for change.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan in its series William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series with number 104.
Date of creation: 01 Oct 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 724 E. University Ave, Wyly Hall 1st Flr, Ann Arbor MI 48109
Phone: 734 763-5020
Fax: 734 763 5850
Web page: http://www.wdi.umich.edu
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-04-03 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 2005.
"The Wage Curve Reloaded,"
NBER Working Papers
11338, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Enrique G. Mendoza & Linda L. Tesar, 2012.
"The Finnish Great Depression: From Russia with Love,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(4), pages 1619-44, June.
- Yuriy Gorodnichenko & Enrique G. Mendoza & Linda L. Tesar, 2009. "The Finnish Great Depression: From Russia with Love," NBER Working Papers 14874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Mendoza, Enrique G. & Tesar, Linda L., 2009. "The Finnish Great Depression: From Russia with Love," IZA Discussion Papers 4113, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Karoly Fazekas & Gabor Kezdi (ed.), 2007. "The Hungarian Labour Market 2007," The Hungarian Labour Market Yearbooks, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, number 2007, January.
- David Castro Lugo, 2006. "Curva salarial: una aplicación para el caso de México, 1993-2002," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 21(2), pages 233-273.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laurie Gendron).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.