Current debates on infrastructure policy
AbstractThis paper provides an overview of the major current debates on infrastructure policy. It reviews the evidence on the macroeconomic significance of the sector in terms of growth and poverty alleviation. It also discusses the major institutional debates, including the relative comparative advantage of the public and the private sector in the various stages of infrastructure service delivery as well as the main options for changes in the role of government (i.e. regulation and decentralization).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series Policy Research Working Paper Series with number 4410.
Date of creation: 01 Nov 2007
Date of revision:
Transport Economics Policy&Planning; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Debt Markets; Non Bank Financial Institutions; Infrastructure Economics;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lall, Somik V. & Schroeder, Elizabeth & Schmidt, Emily, 2009. "Identifying spatial efficiency-equity tradeoffs in territorial development policies : evidence from Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4966, The World Bank.
- Paul Conway & Sean Dougherty & Artur Radziwill, 2010. "Long-term growth and policy challenges in the large emerging economies," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 755, OECD Publishing.
- Stephane Straub, 2008.
"Infrastructure and Growth in Developing Countries: Recent Advances and Research Challenges,"
ESE Discussion Papers
179, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Straub, Stephane, 2008. "Infrastructure and growth in developing countries : recent advances and research challenges," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4460, The World Bank.
- Fujita, Yasuo, 2012. "Policy Challenges for Infrastructure Development in Asian LICs: Lessons from the Region," Working Papers 40, JICA Research Institute.
- Justin Yifu Lin & Doerte Doemeland, 2012.
"Beyond Keynesianism: Global Infrastructure Investments In Times Of Crisis,"
Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(03), pages 1250015-1-1.
- Lin, Justin Yifu & Doemeland, Doerte, 2012. "Beyond Keynesianism : global infrastructure investments in times of crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5940, The World Bank.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Torero, Maximo, 2011. "Randomizing the "Last Mile": A methodological note on using a voucher-based approach to assess the impact of infrastructure projects," IFPRI discussion papers 1078, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Barbara Kotschwar, 2012. "Transportation and Communication Infrastructure in Latin America: Lessons from Asia," Working Paper Series WP12-6, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Eric Manes, 2009. "Pakistan's Investment Climate : Laying the Foundation for Growth, Volume 2. Annexes," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12411, The World Bank.
- Guccio, Calogero & Pignataro, Giacomo & Rizzo, Ilde, 2009. "The performance of local government in the execution of public works," MPRA Paper 16094, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.