A"research"database on infrastructure economic performance
AbstractThe authors present an infrastructure database that was assembled from multiple sources. Its main purposes are: (1) to provide a snapshot of the sector as of the end of 2004; and (2) to facilitate quantitative analytical research on infrastructure. The paper includes definitions, source information, and the most recent data available for 37 performance indicators that proxy access, affordability, and quality of service. Additionally, the database includes a snapshot of 15 reform indicators across infrastructure sectors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series Policy Research Working Paper Series with number 3643.
Date of creation: 01 Jun 2005
Date of revision:
Health Economics&Finance; Poverty Monitoring&Analysis; Governance Indicators; ICT Policy and Strategies; Scientific Research&Science Parks;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antonio Estache, 1994. "World Development Report: Infrastructure for Development," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44144, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Robert Bacon, 1999. "A Scorecard for Energy Reform in Developing Countries," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11487, The World Bank.
- Witold J. Henisz & Bennet A. Zelner & Mauro F. Guillen, 2004. "International Coercion, Emulation and Policy Diffusion: Market-Oriented Infrastructure Reforms, 1977-1999," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-713, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Wren-Lewis, Liam, 2013.
"Do infrastructure reforms reduce the effect of corruption ? theory and evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6559, The World Bank.
- Liam Wren-Lewis, 2011. "Do infrastructure reforms reduce the effect of corruption? Theory and evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean," Economics Series Working Papers 576, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Liam Wren-Lewis, 2011. "Do Infrastructure Reforms Reduce the Effect of Corruption? Theory and Evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2011-026, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Demirgüc-Kunt, A. & Martinez Peria, M., 2008.
"Banking services for everyone? Barriers to bank access and use around the world,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3159645, Tilburg University.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2008. "Banking Services for Everyone? Barriers to Bank Access and Use around the World," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 397-430, November.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2006. "Banking services for everyone ? Barriers to bank access and use around the world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4079, The World Bank.
- Manuel Agosin Trumper & Rodrigo Bolaños & Félix Delgado, 2008. "Nicaragua: A la búsqueda del crecimiento perdido," Working Papers wp275, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Estache, Antonio & Tovar, Beatriz & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2008.
"How efficient are African electricity companies? Evidence from the Southern African countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1969-1979, June.
- Antonio Estache & B. Tovar & Lourdes Trujillo, 2008. "How efficient are African Electricity Companies? Evidence from the Southern African Countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43909, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bogetic, Zeljko & Fedderke, Johannes W., 2006. "International benchmarking of infrastructure performance in the Southern African Customs Union Countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3987, The World Bank.
- Céline Carrere & Christopher Grigoriou, 2011.
"Landlockedness, Infrastructure and Trade:New Estimates for Central Asian Countries,"
- Christopher GRIGORIOU & Céline CARRERE, 2008. "Landlockedness, Infrastructure and Trade:New Estimates for Central Asian Countries," Working Papers 200801, CERDI.
- Estache, A. & Tovar, B. & Trujillo, L., 2007. "Are African electricity distribution companies efficient? Evidence from southern African countries," Working Papers 07/13, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Zeljko Bogetic & Johannes Fedderke, 2005. "Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Benchmarking, Productivity and Investment Needs, paper presented at Economic Society of South Africa (ESSA) Conference, Durban, 9/7-9/2005," Public Economics 0510006, EconWPA.
- Ward Romp & Jakob de Haan, 2007.
"Public Capital and Economic Growth: A Critical Survey,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8(s1), pages 6-52, 04.
- Romp, Ward & de Haan, Jakob, 2005. "Public capital and economic growth: a critical survey," EIB Papers 2/2005, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Knyazeva, Anzhela & Knyazeva, Diana & Stiglitz, Joseph, 2009. "Ownership changes and access to external financing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1804-1816, October.
- Bogetic, Zeljko & Fedderke, Johannes W., 2006. "International benchmarking of South Africa's infrastructure performance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3830, The World Bank.
- Lisa Borgatti, 2008. "Pacific islands' bilateral trade: the role of remoteness and of transport costs," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 486-501.
- Bose, Niloy & Capasso, Salvatore & Murshid, Antu Panini, 2008. "Threshold Effects of Corruption: Theory and Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1173-1191, July.
- Straub, Stephane & Vellutini, Charles & Warlters, Michael, 2008. "Infrastructure and economic growth in East Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4589, The World Bank.
- Bogetic, Zeljko, 2006. "International benchmarking of Lesotho's infrastructure performance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3825, The World Bank.
- Estache, Antonio & Goicoechea, Ana & Manacorda, Marco, 2006. "Telecommunications performance, reforms, and governance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3822, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.