Private investment and macroeconomic adjustment : an overview
AbstractThis paper reviews current investment theories, recent models linking macroeconomic policies and private investment, and the effect of uncertainty and credibility on irreversible investment decisions. Empirical studies on the subject are also reviewed, and the general implications of this literature for the design of growth-oriented adjustment programs are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series Policy Research Working Paper Series with number 339.
Date of creation: 31 Dec 1989
Date of revision:
Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; International Terrorism&Counterterrorism; Financial Intermediation; Banks&Banking Reform;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986.
"Irreversible investment, capacity choice, and the value of the firm,"
1802-86., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1988. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 969-85, December.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," NBER Working Papers 1980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1983. "Credit policy, inflation and growth in a financially repressed economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 45-65.
- Yelena, Kalyuzhnova, 2011. "The National Fund of the Republic of Kazakhstan (NFRK): From accumulation to stress-test to global future," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6650-6657, October.
- Shafik, Nemat, 1990. "Modeling investment behavior in developing countries : an application to Egypt," Policy Research Working Paper Series 452, The World Bank.
- Ghiath Shabsigh & Nadeem Ilahi, 2007. "Looking Beyond the Fiscal," IMF Working Papers 07/96, International Monetary Fund.
- Raffinot, Marc, 1998. "Soutenabilité de la dette extérieure. De la théorie aux modèles d'évaluation pour les pays à faible revenu," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5148, Paris Dauphine University.
- Chhibber, Ajay & Shafik, Nemat, 1990. "Does devaluation hurt private investment? The Indonesian case," Policy Research Working Paper Series 418, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.