Determinants of the Adoption of Sustainable Land Management Practices and Their Impacts in the Ethiopian Highlands
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Other Operational Studies with number 7938.
Date of creation: Apr 2007
Date of revision:
Agricultural Knowledge and Information Systems Rural Development Knowledge and Information Systems Agriculture - Climate Change and Agriculture Crops and Crop Management Systems Environmental Economics and Policies Rural Development Environment;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Demeke, Mulat & Said, Ali & Jayne, Thomas S., 1997. "Promoting Fertilizer Use in Ethiopia: The Implications of Improving Grain Market Performance, Input Market Efficiency, and Farm Management," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55594, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein T., 1998. "Resource degradation and adoption of land conservation technologies in the Ethiopian Highlands: A case study in Andit Tid, North Shewa," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 233-247, May.
- Deininger, Klaus & Songqing Jin & Adenew, Berhanu & Gebre-Selassie, Samuel & Demeke, Mulat, 2003. "Market and non-market transfers of land in Ethiopia - implications for efficiency, equity, and non-farm development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2992, The World Bank.
- Ersado, Lire & Amacher, Gregory & Alwang, Jeffrey, 2003.
"Productivity and land enhancing technologies in Northern Ethiopia: health, public investments, and sequential adoption,"
EPTD discussion papers
102, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gregory Amacher & Jeffrey Alwang, 2004. "Productivity and Land Enhancing Technologies in Northern Ethiopia: Health, Public Investments, and Sequential Adoption," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(2), pages 321-331.
- Ersado, Lire & Amacher, Gregory & Alwang, Jeffrey Roger, 2003. "Productivity And Land Enhancing Technologies In Northern Ethiopia: Health, Public Investments, And Sequential Adoption," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25908, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ersado, Lire & Amacher, Gregory & Alwang, Jeffrey Roger, 2003. "Productivity And Land Enhancing Technologies In Northern Ethiopia: Health, Public Investments, And Sequential Adoption," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22223, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Swinton, Scott M., 2002.
"Investment In Soil Conservation In Northern Ethiopia: The Role Of Land Tenure Security And Public Programs,"
11749, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Swinton, Scott M., 2003. "Investment in soil conservation in northern Ethiopia: the role of land tenure security and public programs," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 69-84, July.
- Pender, John L. & Gebremedhin, Berhanu & Benin, Samuel & Ehui, Simeon, 2001.
"Strategies for sustainable agricultural development in the Ethiopian Highlands:,"
EPTD discussion papers
77, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- John Pender & Berhanu Gebremedhin & Saumuel Benin & Simeon Ehui, 2001. "Strategies for Sustainable Agricultural Development in the Ethiopian Highlands," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1231-1240.
- Andre Croppenstedt & Mulat Demeke & Meloria M. Meschi, 2003. "Technology Adoption in the Presence of Constraints: the Case of Fertilizer Demand in Ethiopia," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 58-70, February.
- Holden, Stein & Yohannes, Hailu, 2001.
"Land redistribution, tenure insecurity, and intensity of production: a study of farm households in southern Ethiopia,"
CAPRi working papers
21, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stein Holden & Hailu Yohannes, 2002. "Land Redistribution, Tenure Insecurity, and Intensity of Production: A Study of Farm Households in Southern Ethiopia," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(4), pages 573-590.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein T., 2000. "Policy instruments for sustainable land management: the case of highland smallholders in Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 217-232, April.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein, 1999. "Soil Erosion and Smallholders' Conservation Decisions in the Highlands of Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 739-752, April.
- Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein T., 2001. "Farm-level benefits to investments for mitigating land degradation: empirical evidence from Ethiopia," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 335-358, July.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1990. "The Farm-Level Economics of Soil Conservation: The Uplands of Java," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 199-211.
- Kassie, Menale & Holden, Stein T., 2006. "Parametric and Non-Parametric Estimation of Soil Conservation Impact on Productivity in the Northwestern Ethiopian Highlands," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25281, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Holden, Stein & Shiferaw, Bekele & Pender, John, 2004. "Non-farm income, household welfare, and sustainable land management in a less-favoured area in the Ethiopian highlands," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 369-392, August.
- Hoben, Allan, 1995. "Paradigms and politics: The cultural construction of environmental policy in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1007-1021, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.