Sub-Saharan Africa - Managing Land in a Changing Climate : An Operational Perspective for Sub-Saharan Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Other Operational Studies with number 2874.
Date of creation: May 2010
Date of revision:
Science and Technology Development - Science of Climate Change Environment - Climate Change Mitigation and Green House Gases Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Climate Change Economics Rural Development - Common Property Resource Development Environment - Environmental Economics & Policies;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yesuf, Mahmud & Di Falco, Salvatore & Deressa, Temesgen & Ringler, Claudia & Kohlin, Gunnar, 2008. "The impact of climate change and adaptation on food production in low-income countries: Evidence from the Nile Basin, Ethiopia [in Amharic]," Research briefs 15(11)AMH, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Adenew, Berhanu & Gebre-Selassie, Samuel & Nega, Berhanu, 2003.
"Tenure security and land-related investment - evidence from Ethiopia,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2991, The World Bank.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing, 2006. "Tenure security and land-related investment: Evidence from Ethiopia," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(5), pages 1245-1277, July.
- Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Pender, John L. & Jagger, Pamela & Sserunkuuma, Dick & Kaizzi, Crammer & Ssali, Henry, 2004. "Strategies for sustainable land management and poverty reduction in Uganda:," Research reports 133, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yesuf, Mahmud & di Falco, Salvatore & Deressa, Temesgen & Ringler, Claudia & Kohlin, Gunnar, 2008. "The impact of climate change and adaptation on food production in low-income countries: Evidence from the Nile Basin, Ethiopia," IFPRI discussion papers 828, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Svendsen, Mark & Ewing, Mandy & Msangi, Siwa, 2009. "Measuring irrigation performance in Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 894, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lotsch, Alexander, 2007. "Sensitivity of cropping patterns in Africa to transient climate change," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4289, The World Bank.
- Paswel P. Marenya & Christopher B. Barrett, 2009. "State-conditional Fertilizer Yield Response on Western Kenyan Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), pages 991-1006.
- Sauer, Johannes & Tchale, Hardwick, 2006. "Alternative Soil Fertility Management Options in Malawi An Economic Analysis," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25407, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Nkonya, Ephraim & Pender, John & Kato, Edward, 2008. "Who knows, who cares? The determinants of enactment, awareness, and compliance with community Natural Resource Management regulations in Uganda," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 79-101, February.
- Sauer, Johannes & Tchale, Hardwick, 2006. "Alternative Soil Fertility Management Options in Malawi - An Economic Analysis," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21423, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Robert Dixon & Joel Smith & Sandra Guill, 2003. "Life on the Edge: Vulnerability and Adaptation of African Ecosystems to Global Climate Change," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 93-113, June.
- Yanggen, David & Kelly, Valerie A. & Reardon, Thomas & Naseem, Anwar, 1998. "Incentives for Fertilizer Use in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Review of Empirical Evidence on Fertilizer Response and Profitability," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54677, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Jayne, T. S. & Govereh, J. & Wanzala, M. & Demeke, M., 2003. "Fertilizer market development: a comparative analysis of Ethiopia, Kenya, and Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 293-316, August.
- Blench, Roger & Chapman, Robert & Slaymaker, Tom, 2003. "A Study of the Role of Livestock in Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers (PRSPs)," PPLPI Working Papers 23776, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Pro-Poor Livestock Policy Initiative.
- Ruecker, Gerd Robert & Park, Soojin & Ssali, Henry & Pender, John L., 2003. "Strategic Targeting Of Development Policies To A Complex Region: A Gis-Based Stratification Applied To Uganda," Discussion Papers 18726, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Samuel Benin & Ephraim Nkonya & Geresom Okecho & Joseé Randriamamonjy & Edward Kato & Geofrey Lubade & Miriam Kyotalimye, 2011. "Returns to spending on agricultural extension: the case of the National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) program of Uganda," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(2), pages 249-267, 03.
- Shanaka J. Peiris & RÃ©gis Barnichon, 2007.
"Sources of Inflation in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
IMF Working Papers
07/32, International Monetary Fund.
- Badiane, Ousmane, 2008. "Sustaining and accelerating Africa's agricultural growth recovery in the context of changing global food prices:," Policy briefs 9, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Klaus Deininger, 2003. "Land Policies for Growth and Poverty Reduction," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15125, October.
- William R. Cline, 2007. "Global Warming and Agriculture: Impact Estimates by Country," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 4037.
- Cooke, Priscilla & Köhlin, Gunnar & Hyde, William F., 2008. "Fuelwood, forests and community management – evidence from household studies," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 103-135, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.