Service Delivery with More Districts in Uganda : Fiscal Challenges and Opportunities for Reforms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Other Operational Studies with number 16012.
Date of creation: Jun 2013
Date of revision:
Public Sector Economics Macroeconomics and Economic Growth - Subnational Economic Development Governance - National Governance Public Sector Expenditure Policy Finance and Financial Sector Development - Debt Markets Public Sector Development;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-18 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2010. "Working for God? Evidence from a Change in Financing of Nonprofit Health Care Providers in Uganda," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 8(6), pages 1159-1178, December.
- McGreer Edward & McMillan Melville L., 1993. "Public Output Demands from Alternative Congestion Functions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 95-114, January.
- Okidi, John A. & Guloba, Madina, 2006. "Decentralization and development: Emerging issues from Uganda's experience," Occasional Papers, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC) 93810, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- McMillan, Melville L., 1989. "On measuring congestion of local public goods," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 131-137, September.
- Benin, Samuel & Nkonya, Ephraim & Okecho, Geresom & Pender, John & Nahdy, Silim & Mugarura, Samuel & Kayobyo, Godfrey, 2007. "Assessing the impact of the National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) in the Uganda rural livelihoods:," IFPRI discussion papers, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) 724, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Vjekoslav Bratic, 2008. "Local Self-Government in Central and Eastern Europe: a Strong and Independent Local-Level Management Tool or Just a Paper Tiger?," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 32(2), pages 139-157.
- World Bank, 2010. "Uganda - Public Expenditure Review : Strengthening the Impact of the Roads Budget," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank 2941, The World Bank.
- De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 1996. "Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 145-170, April.
- Borcherding, Thomas E & Deacon, Robert T, 1972. "The Demand for the Services of Non-Federal Governments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 891-901, December.
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2004. "Local Capture: Evidence From a Central Government Transfer Program in Uganda," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 119(2), pages 678-704, May.
- McMillan, Melville, 1976. "Criteria for jurisdictional design : Issues in defining the scope and structure of river basin authorities and other public decision-making bodies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 46-68, June.
- De Borger, B, et al, 1994. " Explaining Differences in Productive Efficiency: An Application to Belgian Municipalities," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 80(3-4), pages 339-58, September.
- Melville L. McMillan & W. Robert Wilson & Louise M. Arthur, 1981. "The Publicness of Local Public Goods: Evidence from Ontario Municipalities," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(4), pages 596-608, November.
- Fox, William F. & Gurley, Tami, 2006. "Will consolidation improve sub-national governments ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank 3913, The World Bank.
- Deller, Steven C & Rudnicki, Edward, 1992. " Managerial Efficiency in Local Government: Implications on Jurisdictional Consolidation," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 74(2), pages 221-31, September.
- Edward C. LeSage Jr. & Melville L. McMillan, 2008. "Alberta: Municipal System Overview," Information Bulletins, Western Centre for Economic Research 1110, Western Centre for Economic Research.
- Giorgio Brosio & Ehtisham Ahmad & Maria Gonzalez, 2006. "Uganda," IMF Working Papers, International Monetary Fund 06/279, International Monetary Fund.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.