India : Power Sector Reform and the Poor
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Other Operational Studies with number 15286.
Date of creation: Oct 2002
Date of revision:
Energy - Energy and Poverty Alleviation Economic Theory and Research Environmental Economics and Policies Energy Technology and Transmission Public Sector Economics and Finance;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1998.
"Why Have Some Indian States Done Better Than Others at Reducing Rural Poverty?,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 17-38, February.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Why have some Indian states done better than others at reducing rural poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1594, The World Bank.
- Vivien Foster, 2000. "Measuring the Impact of Energy Reform : Practical Options," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11432, The World Bank.
- Radhakrishna, R. & Subbarao, K., 1997. "India's Public Distribution System. A National and International Perspective," World Bank - Discussion Papers 380, World Bank.
- Robert Bacon, 1999. "A Scorecard for Energy Reform in Developing Countries," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11487, The World Bank.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2001.
"Growth is good for the poor,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2587, The World Bank.
- Stephen Powell & Mary Starks, 2000. "Does Reform of Energy Sector Networks Improve Access for the Poor?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11431, The World Bank.
- Green, Richard, 2000. "Regulators and the poor - Lessons from the United Kingdom," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2386, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 1996. "How Important to India's Poor Is the Sectoral Composition of Economic Growth?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2001.
"On the urbanization of poverty,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2586, The World Bank.
- Julian A. Lampietti & Anthony A. Kolb & Sumila Gulyani & Vahram Avenesyan, 2001. "Utility Pricing and the Poor : Lessons from Armenia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13913, March.
- Caves, Douglas W & Herriges, Joseph A & Windle, Robert J, 1990.
"Customer Demand for Service Reliability in the Electric Power Industry: A Synthesis of the Outage Cost Literature,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 79-119, April.
- Herriges, Joseph A. & Caves, Douglas W. & Windle, R. J., 1990. "Customer Demand for Service Reliability in the Electric Power Industry: A Synthesis of the Outage Cost Literature," Staff General Research Papers 10790, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kalpana Kochhar & Erik Offerdal & Louis Dicks-Mireaux & Mauro Mecagni & Jian-Ping Zhou & BalÃ¡zs HorvÃ¡th & David John Goldsbrough & Sharmini Coorey, 1996. "Reinvigorating Growth in Developing Countries: Lessons from Adjustment Policies in Eight Economies," IMF Occasional Papers 139, International Monetary Fund.
- Estache, Antonio & Gomez-Lobo, Andres & Leipziger, Danny, 2000. "Utility privatization and the needs of the poor in Latin America - Have we learned enough to get it right?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2407, The World Bank.
- Chisari, Omar & Estache, Antonio, 1999. "Universal service obligations in utility concession contracts and the needs of the poor in Argentina's privatization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2250, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 2002. "Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 381-400, August.
- Oda, Hisaya, 2012. "Progress and issues in rural electrification in Bihar, India : a preliminary analysis," IDE Discussion Papers 333, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Oda, Hisaya & Tsujita, Yuko, 2011. "The determinants of rural electrification: The case of Bihar, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3086-3095, June.
- Kundu, Goutam Kumar & Mishra, Bidhu Bhusan, 2011. "Impact of reform and privatization on consumers: A case study of power sector reform in Orissa, India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3537-3549, June.
- World Bank, 2003. "India : Sustaining Reform, Reducing Poverty," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14617, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.