U.S. Labour Market Policy and the Canada-U.S. Unemployment Rate Gap
AbstractIn this paper, we investigate the extent to which changes in U.S. labour market policy in the 1980s may have contributed to the emergence of an unemployment rate gap between Canada and the United States.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Waterloo, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 9604.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
LABOUR MARKET; UNEMPLOYMENT;
Other versions of this item:
- David Andolfattio & Paul Gomme & Paul A. Storer, 1998. "US Labour Market Policy and the Canada-US Unemployment Rate Gap," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 24(s1), pages 210-232, February.
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael W.L. Elsby & Bart Hobijn & Aysegül Sahin, 2013. "On the importance of the participation margin for market fluctuations," Working Paper Series 2013-05, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- David Andolfatto & Paul Gomme, 1998.
"Unemployment and economic welfare,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 25-34.
- Toshihiko Mukoyama & Richard Rogerson & Aysegul Sahin & Per Krusell, 2009. "Labor supply in a frictional labor market," 2009 Meeting Papers 54, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Per Krusell & Toshihiko Mukoyama & Richard Rogerson & Aysegul Sahin, 2009.
"Aggregate Labor Market Outcomes: The Role of Choice and Chance,"
NBER Working Papers
15252, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Per Krusell & Toshihiko Mukoyama & Richard Rogerson & Ayşegül Şahin, 2010. "Aggregate labor market outcomes: The roles of choice and chance," Quantitative Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 1(1), pages 97-127, 07.
- Krusell, Per & Mukoyama, Toshihiko & Rogerson, Richard & Sahin, Aysegul, 2009. "Aggregate Labor Market Outcomes: The Role of Choice and Chance," CEPR Discussion Papers 7435, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Rogerson, 1997. "Theory Ahead of Language in the Economics of Unemployment," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 73-92, Winter.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pat Gruber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.