On Second-Best Compensation
AbstractThis paper examines how the first-best models of compensation based on the agents' talents and responsibilities analyzed in some recent contributions can be extended to a second-best context. A few social criteria are proposed and compared to alternative approaches by Roemer and Van de gaer.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Waterloo, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 9601.
Length: 32 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- W. Bossert & M. Fleurbaey & D. Van de gaer, 1996. "On second-best compensation," THEMA Working Papers 96-07, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Bossert, W. & Fleurbaey, M. & Van de gaer, D., 1996. "On Second-Best Compensation," Papers 9607, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- K10 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - General (Constitutional Law)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vito Peragine, 2004.
"Measuring and implementing equality of opportunity for income,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 187-210, 02.
- Vitorocco Peragine, . "Measuring and Implementing Equality of Opportunity for Income," Discussion Papers 98/11, Department of Economics, University of York.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc & MANIQUET, François, 1998.
"Optimal income taxation: and ordinal approach,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1998065, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Vitorocco Peragine, . "Responsibility Compensation and Income Distribution," Discussion Papers 98/13, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Erik Schokkaert & Kurt Devooght, 1999.
"Responsibility-sensitive fair compensation in different cultures,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
6574, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Erik Schokkaert & Kurt Devooght, 2003. "Responsibility-sensitive fair compensation in different cultures," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 207-242, October.
- Kurt Devooght & Erik Schokkaert, 1999. "Responsibility-Sensitive Fair Compensation in Different Cultures," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 46, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Herrero, Carmen, 1997. "Equitable opportunities: an extension," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 91-95, August.
- Ricardo Arlegi & Jorge Nieto, 1998. "Equality of Opportunities: Cardinality-Based Criteria," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de EconomÃa - Universidad PÃºblica de Navarra 9818, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pat Gruber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.