Urn-based models for dependent credit risks and their calibration through EM algorithm
AbstractIn this contribution we analyze two models for the joint probability of defaults of dependent credit risks that are based on a generalisation of Polya urn scheme. In particular we focus our attention on the problems related to the maximum likelihood estimation of the parameters involved, and to this purpose we introduce an approach based on the use of the Expectation-Maximization algorithm. We show how to implement it in this context, and then we analyze the results obtained, comparing them with results obtained by other approaches.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Applied Mathematics, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia in its series Working Papers with number 163.
Length: 28 pages
Date of creation: Apr 2008
Date of revision:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2008-05-05 (Econometrics)
- NEP-RMG-2008-05-05 (Risk Management)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco LiCalzi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.