A finite capacity production scheduling procedure for a belgian steel company
AbstractWe present a finite capacity production scheduling algorithm for an integrated steel company located in Belgium. This multiple-objective optimization model takes various case-specific constraints into account and consists of two steps. A machine assignment step determines the routing of an individual order through the network while a scheduling step makes a detailed timetable for each operation for all orders. The procedure has been tested on randomly generated data instances that reflect the characteristics of the steel company. We report promising computational results and illustrate the flexibility of the optimization model with respect to the various input parameters.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School in its series Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series with number 2006-41.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: 04 Oct 2006
Date of revision:
Master production scheduling; manufacturing planning and control; scheduling/sequencing.;
Other versions of this item:
- D. Debels & M. Vanhoucke, 2006. "A finite capacity production scheduling procedure for a Belgian steel company," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 06/418, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Segerstedt, Anders, 1996. "A capacity-constrained multi-level inventory and production control problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-3), pages 449-461, August.
- Gabriel R. Bitran & Arnoldo C. Hax, 1981. "Disaggregation and Resource Allocation Using Convex Knapsack Problems with Bounded Variables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 431-441, April.
- Tang, Lixin & Liu, Jiyin & Rong, Aiying & Yang, Zihou, 2001. "A review of planning and scheduling systems and methods for integrated steel production," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 1-20, August.
- Peter J. Kolesar, 1967. "A Branch and Bound Algorithm for the Knapsack Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(9), pages 723-735, May.
- Rom, Walter O. & Tukel, Oya Icmeli & Muscatello, Joseph R., 2002. "MRP in a job shop environment using a resource constrained project scheduling model," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 275-286, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Isabelle Vandenbroere).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.