On Core-Walras Equivalence in Banach Spaces when Feasibility is defined by the Pettis Integral
AbstractThe paper studies the core-Walras equivalence problem in the commodity space framework of Banach spaces, allocations being defined as Pettis integrable functions. In particular, a core-Walras equivalence result for a certain class of commodity spaces is established, without requiring that the commodity space be separable. on the other hand, responding to objections made against some recent core-Walras nonequivalence results in the Bochner integrable allocations setting, it is shown that these latter results carry over to the pettis integrable allocations setting, unless additional restrictions on the heterogeneity of agents´ preferences are in force.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Vienna, Department of Economics in its series Vienna Economics Papers with number 0403.
Date of creation: Dec 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univie.ac.at/vwl
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Perfect Competition
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tourky, Rabee & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2001. "Markets with Many More Agents than Commodities: Aumann's "Hidden" Assumption," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 189-221, November.
- Bewley, Truman F, 1973. "The Equality of the Core and the Set of Equilibria in Economies with Infinitely Many Commodities and a Continuum of Agents," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 383-94, June.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & William R. Zame, 1991.
"Non-Atomic Economies and the Boundaries of Perfect Competition,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
502R, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Ostroy, Joseph M & Zame, William R, 1994. "Nonatomic Economies and the Boundaries of Perfect Competition," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 593-633, May.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & William R. Zame, 1988. "Non-Atomic Economies and the Boundaries of Perfect Competition," UCLA Economics Working Papers 502, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Rustichini, Aldo & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 1991. "Edgeworth's conjecture in economies with a continuum of agents and commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 307-326.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1975. "A model of equilibrium with differentiated commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 263-295.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paper Administrator).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.