Nonlinear Functions and Convergence to Brownian Motion: Beyond the Continuous Mapping Theorem
AbstractWeak convergence results for sample averages of nonlinear functions of (discrete-time) stochastic processes satisfying a functional central limit theorem (e.g., integrated processes) are given. These results substantially extend recent work by Park and Phillips (1999) and de Jong (2001), in that a much wider class of functions is covered. For example, some of the results hold for the class of all locally integrable functions, thus avoiding any of the various regularity conditions imposed on the functions in Park and Phillips (1999) or de Jong (2001).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Vienna, Department of Economics in its series Vienna Economics Papers with number 0203.
Date of creation: Nov 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.univie.ac.at/vwl
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-02-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2002-02-14 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2002-02-10 (Econometric Time Series)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Jong, Robert M., 2003. "Logarithmic spurious regressions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 13-21, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paper Administrator).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.