Estimation of Dynamic Programming Models with Censored Dependent Variables
AbstractThis paper considers the estimation of dynamic structural models where the decision variables are censored. We present and discuss several econometric issues and estimation methods under alternative stochastic structure of the unobservables, different potential sources of censoring, and different characteritics of dataset.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics in its series UWO Department of Economics Working Papers with number 9711.
Length: 39 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Reference Centre, Social Science Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5C2
Phone: 519-661-2111 Ext.85244
Web page: http://economics.uwo.ca/research/research_papers/department_working_papers.html
DECISION MAKING; ECONOMIC MODELS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C34 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Russell Cooper & John Haltiwanger & Jonathan Willis, 2010.
"Euler-Equation Estimation for Discrete Choice Models: A Capital Accumulation Application,"
10-02, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Russell Cooper & John Haltiwanger & Jonathan L. Willis, 2010. "Euler-Equation Estimation for Discrete Choice Models: A Capital Accumulation Application," Economics Working Papers ECO2010/21, European University Institute.
- Russell Cooper & John Haltiwanger & Jonathan L. Willis, 2010. "Euler-equation estimation for discrete choice models: a capital accumulation application," Research Working Paper RWP 10-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Russell Cooper & John C. Haltiwanger & Jonathan L. Willis, 2010. "Euler-Equation Estimation for Discrete Choice Models: A Capital Accumulation Application," NBER Working Papers 15675, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rocío Sánchez-Mangas, 2001. "Estimation Of A Dynamic Discrete Choice Model Of Irreversible Investment," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws015628, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Graciela Sanromán, 2002. "A Discrete Choice Analysis of the Household Shares of Risky Assets," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0702, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Polder, Michael & Verick, Sher, 2004. "Dynamics of Labour and Capital Adjustment – A Comparison of Germany and the Netherlands," IZA Discussion Papers 1212, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rocío Sánchez-Mangas, 2002. "Another Look At The Estimation Of Dynamic Programming Models With Censored Decision Variables," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws022404, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.